Notifications possible for all customers:
• Be notified when you have been outbid on a vehicle you are bidding on.
Notifications possible for continental European customers only:
• Be notified when the x-Time phase is starting for a vehicle you are bidding on or following.
• Be notified when a vehicle you are bidding on or following has reached the estimated price.
Notifications can arrive in two ways:
• In your web browser.
• On your mobile phone (continental European customers only).
1. Browser notifications
Browser notifications are messages that appear in the bottom right corner of your screen. These notifications will appear both inside and outside of the OPENLANE environment, even when you are not logged in or are using other websites.
How do I activate browser notifications?
The browser notifications only work for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. These browsers will offer you the best experience when using the OPENLANE platform.
When logging in to our website, your browser will ask you if you want to allow push notifications. Press “Allow” to activate the notifications. Click the following links to find out more about how to activate notifications for Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
How can I adjust my browser notification settings?
You decide which scenarios you want to receive notifications about. This allows you to focus on the things that are important to you. To activate or deactivate specific notifications, go to ‘My account’ then select ‘Account settings’ > ‘Adjust my notifications settings’.
2. Mobile notifications (continental European customers only)
These are notifications that pop up on your mobile phone.
• Download our mobile app from the Apple App store or the Google Play store.
• Log in to the app
• When prompted by your phone, accept the notifications.
To adjust the notification settings, go to the user menu in the mobile app.